We are welcoming applications for this exciting opportunity to temporarily join Whixley Parish Council for a minimum of 6 months. The role will be part time working 4 hours per week.
Duties will include: –
- Attendance at regular Parish Council meetings – usually six evening meetings per year plus occasional additional meetings
- Producing Agendas in consultation with the Chairman
- Producing Minutes of all meetings
- Monitoring actions/decisions of the Parish Council and advising the Council on its statutory duties and the regulatory requirements regarding its activities
- Dealing with all correspondence regarding Parish matters, including emails, planning applications, highways maintenance and allotments
- Updating Parish Council section of village website
- Liaising with the public and other agencies, including Harrogate Borough Council and North Yorkshire County Council
The successful applicant will work from home, have good communication skills, be flexible and self-motivated. IT literacy is essential to the role. Knowledge of the local area would be beneficial.
Full training and handover will be given.
A Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is desirable but not essential as training towards this qualification may be given.
Salary will be based on The National Joint Council for Local Government Services (LC 1 pay scale) pro-rata and will depend on the experience of the applicant.
The closing date for applications is Monday 6th January 2020.
Interviews to take place week commencing 13th January 2020.
We would ideally like the successful candidate to attend the next Parish Council meeting on Tuesday 21st January 2020 at 7.30pm at Whixley Village Hall.
Please send applications to:
Chairman of Whixley Parish Council
Mrs C Beckett, Bay House, Stonegate, Whixley, York YO268AS