The Whixley Village Hall committee has created a local lottery as part of its efforts to raise much-needed funds for the Village Hall. The lottery will operate as follows:
- Members of the public, mainly but not exclusively Whixley residents, are invited to purchase a number or numbers, initially between 1 and 200, but with the capacity for more should demand be great enough.
- Each month a number will be drawn out of the “hat” in order to find a winner and a runner-up who will each be awarded a prize, calculated as a proportion of the prize pot.
- The draw will run each month from October to July (10 months) with a break in August and September.
- Numbers cost £2 per month and will be typically purchased prior to the first draw on October 31st for the whole 10-month period. i.e. £20 buys a number for 10 draws.
- When the draw takes place all purchased numbers will be put into the “hat” and a random draw made using numbered balls. 25% of the stake money for the month will be paid to the winner, and 15% to the runner-up. Thus if 200 numbers are sold the winner will receive £100 and the runner-up, £60.
- If a member joins the lottery after October then he/she will only pay for the remaining months to the following July. e.g. a joiner in December would pay for 8 months (£16).
- Should more members than 200 wish to join the lottery then the scheme will be expanded to accommodate the larger number and the prize pot will be proportionately larger.
- The numbers available for sale, and sold, are available for view on the village website. The winning numbers from prior draws will also be published on the website.
- Numbers may be purchased online via the village online shop.
- All numbers sold will expire on August 1st each year, and members will have 30 days in which to re-buy their number(s) for the following year. Any numbers not re-bought by September 1st will be available for sale to new members for the following year.
Whixley Village Hall, Registered Charity: 523992