The Whixley Village Hall committee has created a local lottery as part of its efforts to raise much-needed funds for the Village Hall. The lottery will operate as follows:
- Members of the public, mainly but not exclusively Whixley residents, are invited to purchase a number or numbers, initially between 1 and 200, but with the capacity for more should demand be great enough.
- Each month a number will be drawn out of the “hat” in order to find a winner and a runner-up who will each be awarded a prize, calculated as a proportion of the prize pot.
- The draw will run each month from October to July (10 months) with a break in August and September.
- Numbers cost £2 per month and will be typically purchased prior to the first draw on October 31st for the whole 10-month period. i.e. £20 buys a number for 10 draws.
- When the draw takes place all purchased numbers will be put into the “hat” and a random draw made using numbered balls. 25% of the stake money for the month will be paid to the winner, and 15% to the runner-up. Thus if 200 numbers are sold the winner will receive £100 and the runner-up, £60.
- If a member joins the lottery after October then he/she will only pay for the remaining months to the following July. e.g. a joiner in December would pay for 8 months (£16).
- Should more members than 200 wish to join the lottery then the scheme will be expanded to accommodate the larger number and the prize pot will be proportionately larger.
- The numbers available for sale, and sold, are available for view on the village website. The winning numbers from prior draws will also be published on the website.
- Numbers may be purchased online via the village website.
- All numbers sold will expire on August 1st each year, and members will have 30 days in which to re-buy their number(s) for the following year. Any numbers not re-bought by September 1st will be available for sale to new members for the following year.
If you would like to buy a number, or numbers, in the lottery then please either:
- CLICK HERE to fill in the online form on the website
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Purchase from one of a number of volunteers selling “tickets” door to door or at village events.
Whichever way you choose to purchase please ensure that you state your name, address, phone number, email address and the number(s) you would like and some alternatives in case your choice is not available (numbers will be allocated on a first come first served basis and you can check number availability on the website before buying). You can also choose to have random numbers allocated to you if you wish.
Whixley Village Hall, Registered Charity: 523992