In aid of Whixley and Green Hammerton churches.
Donations towards the Spring Auction are arriving on a regular basis but we can still accommodate more in our Auction Catalogue. Some of the items which have been offered at the time of writing include:
- A range of Books, CDs and Vinyl LP records
- Plants kindly donated by Johnsons of Whixley
- Craftwork including quilts for beds and cots
- A generous offer of a standard bike service from Spokey Dokey Bikes
- Norwegian walking poles
- A dining table, prints & frames, glass vases
- A bottle of Jura single malt whisky
- Produce including Enid’s Lemon Curd and Liz’s Ginger Biscuits
- Offers of Time and Talents – 11 year old Rachael Gardner will bake you a chocolate cake; 8 year old Harry Gardner will wash your car; a lady from Green Hammerton will spring clean for you. In addition, George Rowden has offered a guided bird-watching tour of Staveley Nature Reserve for 2 people. If you can think of other interesting ways to share your time and talents, please get in touch!
Please keep your donations coming – sellers need to provide a brief but accurate description of the items for sale and with a photograph if possible, together with a reserve price for each item to ensure that a fair amount will be paid. The date for submitting items for sale via e mail or telephone is Monday 5th April.
A catalogue is being produced and will be put online by 12th April via the church and village websites, Facebook and e mail. A limited number of paper versions will be available on request. Once the catalogue has been issued, people should submit their bids by the deadline of 8pm on Friday 23rdApril, St George’s Day, and then the highest bid for each item will be selected. Payment to be made in cash or by cheque payable to ‘Whixley and Green Hammerton PCC’.
We hope that you will help us to raise funds for our churches by donating items and also by bidding at the auction. If you would like to donate an item for sale or if you need any further information, please contact Revd Joan Roper by telephone (331661) or e mail – email@example.com.