All businesses in the Harrogate district are encouraged to keep updated on the government’s announcements on a range of measures to support businesses affected by COVID-19.
At the Budget on 11 March and subsequently, the Chancellor has set out a package of temporary and targeted measures to support businesses through the period of disruption caused by COVID-19. As of the 18 March 2020, these include: .
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs (small and medium size enterprises)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
For updates on these and future business support measures, please visit the gov.uk web page COVID-19: support for businesses.
To read the full article Click HERE