Financial Officer to Whixley Parish Council.This position is for a minimum of 5.5 hours per week. Duties will include: –
- Attendance at regular Parish Council meetings – usually six evening meetings per year plus occasional additional meetings
- Producing Agendas in consultation with the Chairman.
- Producing Minutes of the meetings.
- Monitoring actions/decisions of the Parish Council and advising the Council on its statutory duties and the regulatory requirements regarding its activities.
- Dealing with all correspondence including emails, planning applications etc.
- Updating Parish Council section of village website
- Liaising with the public and all other agencies, including Harrogate Borough Council and North Yorkshire County Council
As Responsible Financial Officer the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of accounts, orders, payments, and preparing the annual final accounts for the External Auditor.
The successful applicant will work from home, have good communication skills, be flexible and self-motivated. IT literacy is essential to the role. Knowledge of the local area would be helpful. A Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is desirable but not essential as training towards this qualification may be given.
Salary will be based on The National Joint Council for Local Government Services (LC 1 pay scale) pro-rata and will depend on the experience of the applicant,
The closing date for applications is Monday 30 October 2017. Please send applications to:
Chairman of Whixley Parish Council
Mrs C Beckett, Bay House, Stonegate, Whixley, York YO268AS